Home /
Other places to find help

Other places to find help

There are other avenues for free and culturally safe legal services or to make complaints about other professions, such as police officers and government officials.

Find legal services

You can find a barrister through the Bar Association of Queensland.

Find a barrister

You can find a solicitor through the Queensland Law Society.

Find a solicitor

Free community legal services

Free legal services are available to vulnerable and disadvantaged Queenslanders.

Report corrupt conduct

In Queensland, you can’t make a complaint about a Judge or Magistrate.

However, you can report suspected corrupt conduct of any statutory officer or agency to the Crime and Corruption Commission (CCC).

Complaints about government officials

You can make a complaint about a government employee by directly contacting the relevant department or making an online enquiry.

If you’re unhappy with the outcome of your complaint, you can contact the Queensland Ombudsman.

The Ombudsman won’t consider your complaint unless you’ve already tried resolving your complaint through the relevant department.

The Ombudsman independently reviews the actions of Queensland Government agencies, local government and some universities. 

Make a complaint to the Queensland Ombudsman

Police officer misconduct

You can make complaints about police officer misconduct online.

Other state and territory legal regulators