Client Service Charter
The following Client Service Charter has been developed in conjunction with the Queensland Law Society. We encourage lawyers and consumers to use the Charter as a basis for discussion between lawyers and clients at their first meeting. It can be a useful tool to help establish a respectful and professional relationship and effective two-way communication. We also suggest referring to the information sheet Communicating with your lawyer.
As a member of the Queensland Law Society, it is our aim to ensure that you are satisfied with our service.
What you can expect from us:
- We will put your interests first
- We will treat you courteously
- Your matter will be handled by competent staff
- You will receive advice that is legally correct and relevant to your needs
- We will explain what your costs are likely to be and keep you informed of your costs as your matter progresses
- We will keep you informed of developments in your matter
- We will keep your matter confidential.
In turn we ask that you:
- Be honest and frank with us about what you hope to achieve
- Provide us with clear information and instructions
- Provide funds promptly to be placed in trust to pay outlays and disbursements
- Pay our accounts in accordance with agreed terms.
If problems arise, we invite you to contact our Managing Partner to discuss your concerns. Formal complaints can also be made to the Legal Services Commission.